Cornerstone Community Church


Cornerstone Community Church

570 Third Avenue, Troy NY

Corner of Third Avenue at 115th Street
Lansingburgh ( North Troy) New York

The Presbytery of Albany of the Presbyterian Church ( U.S.A.) consented to the formation of a union church between The First Presbyterian Church of Lansingburgh and The United Methodist Church of Lansingburgh. This new union congregation became known as The Cornerstone Community Church of Lansingburgh. The website for this union congregation church is

The First Presbyterian Church of Lansingburgh was incorporated August 9, 1792 and is one of the oldest churches in Troy. The church, which was built of brick brought over from Holland, was dedicated on June 22, 1794.  Rev. Jonas Coe, D.D. was the Church’s first pastor, later to become principal of Lansingburgh Academy in 1796.

 The United Methodist Church of Lansingburgh: The first church building for the congregation known as St. Mark’s was built on the banks of the Hudson River in 1810.  There have been two mergers over the years with this congregation.  In 1925, Hedding Methodist Episcopal Church, located on Fifth Ave. in Lansingburgh, closed because a fire destroyed the church building and in 1939 The Methodist Episcopal Church and The Methodist Episcopal Church South merged to form The Methodist Church In 1968 The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church (German Methodist)  merged to become The United Methodist Church.  In 1970, Grace United Methodist Church, located on 6th Ave. in Troy closed and merged with the St. Marks United Methodist congregation.  The new congregation, using the St. Mark’s building, became known as The United Methodist Church of Lansingburgh.

The following Memorial Names that were found in the church were transcribed by TIGS volunteer Rebecca Rector.



If anyone is interested in helping on a similar project,
contact Bill McGrath at:  [email protected]